Monday, April 17, 2017
CropSIL® is a beneficial plant nutrient enhancer. Produced from silicon that is virtually found in all soils. CropSIL® will strengthen the plant’s cell walls producing stronger healthier plants with massive root systems and increased resistance to pests and disease. CropSIL® is very alkaline, it has a high pH, and can therefore be used effectively to raise the pH of hydroponic nutrient solutions. CropSIL® is highly beneficial to plants at very low rates as a foliar spray or drip. CropSIL® can be mixed with other chemical or organic fertilizers and nutrients. CropSIL® has an important role in the uptake and vascular transport of micro-nutrients, and can greatly improve the mechanical strength of the plant and its resistance to fungal diseases. The addition of CropSIL® to nutrient solutions can greatly reduce the incidence and severity of fungal diseases including Botrytis (bud rot) and powdery mildew.
Recent research has demonstrated that raising the silicon levels in hydroponic solutions produced thicker, whiter, healthier root systems and increased yields. CropSIL® has also been shown to result in higher concentrations of chlorophyll per unit area of leaf tissue and better root system. This means that a plant is able to tolerate both lower and higher light levels by using more of the available light and better water management in drought.
- Improves disease resistance.
- Strengthens plants.
- Increases weight and bulk.
- Increased yields and flower weight – as a result of the presence of CropSIL® in the plant cells producing healthier and resilient plants.
- Increased stem strength and rigidity – CropSIL® aids in maintaining better leaf orientation for light absorption which in turn enhances photosynthesis and growth rates.
- Increased tolerance to high salinity– silicon has been shown to reduce problems arising from nutrient toxicity and/or imbalance.
- Increased cell strength helps resist penetration of fungal diseases – particularly mildews. When applied via foliar spray, CropSIL® accumulates around the points of fungal attack to physically resist fungal ingress.
- Increased leaf strength improves wilting resistance.
- Reduced need for pesticides and fungicides given the high level of plant available silicon